Effective Date: 18.5.2018
- The ways how and reasons why we collect personal data about you
- How we use this personal data, and
- Your choices concerning your personal data.
For any questions about data protection, or requests regarding issues with your personal data, please primarily contact us through the game in question, so we can reply more quickly.
Company collecting personal data (Controller): Meizi Games Oy
Address: Aleksanterinkatu 6, FI-90100 Oulu, FINLAND
THE DATA WE COLLECT
Data you provide us:
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Player name, password, and nickname
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages to and in the Service (such as support tickets)
- Any other data you decide to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically:
- Your account and game progress data
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data collected with cookies and similar technologies (more info below)
- Coarse location data (country or city-specific)
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data and your interactions with other players within the Service
- We may also create either a Meizi Games -specific ID or a game-specific ID for you when you use the Service
Data we collect from our Partners:
- Data we receive if you link any third party tool with the the Service (such as if you login using your Facebook, Google, or Apple account)
- Demographic data (such as determining the rough location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games)
- Data from platforms that the games run on (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can keep improving the Service and our games
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
To ensure that the Service works (Performance of Contract):
In order to perform the contract, we process data that is necessary to
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use the Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services that you request
- Send you communications related to the Service
To make the Service better for our players (Legitimate Interests):
To provide great and constantly improving the Service to all of our players, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and the player experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as a part of the Service
- Customize your experience in the Service
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide support
- Provide you offers within the Service related to other Meizi Games products and services
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
To show personalized advertisements:
In order to show you personalized advertisements in the Service, we have a legitimate interest to collect, process, and transfer to our third-party partners, the necessary data to
- Track content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target, and improve our advertising and the Service
For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, check section: “'Your rights and options”.
To ensure the Services are fair and safe:
Making sure that the experience is fair and safe in the Service is our top priority.
To keep the Service and their social features safe and fair, to fight fraud, and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process data that is necessary to
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
- Moderate chats automatically and/or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players
To segment, profile, and analyze:
In all of the previously mentioned cases and purposes, we may segment, profile and analyze any and all of the collected data in anonymized form.
With your given consent:
If you give your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as use your IP-based location to show you local events.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
In addition to Meizi Games, your data can be accessed by others in these situations:
OTHER PLAYERS AND USERS:
Social features are an important and central component in our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities, and read messages posted by you.
PARTNERS WORKING FOR MEIZI GAMES:
Meizi Games has partners performing various services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to Meizi Games’ instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics, and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities:
To combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations, and provide data to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our players or others.
Advertising and Social Media partners:
The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools and in-game advertising. These partners are listed at http://www.meizi.fi/MeiziPartners.html. These partners may access and operate your data under their own privacy policies. We recommend you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Opting out of targeted advertising:
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications via the privacy settings of your mobile device. Please look to your device’s manual or contact the manufacturer’s support for info on how to do this. For more information check: http://www.meizi.fi/MeiziPartners.html.
Request your personal data:
Per your request, we will provide you a copy of the personal data we have about you in an electronic format.
Your other rights:
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example, in the game’s settings.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have privacy or data use concern that is unresolved and we have not addressed to your satisfaction, please contact our support: email@example.com. You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Like most online services, we and our partners utilize cookies and other similar technologies to provide and personalize the Service, analyse their use, target ads, and prevent fraud. If you so choose, you can disable cookies in your browser settings, but this may cause parts of the Service to not function properly.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
To help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are constantly developing and implementing physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse, or alteration.
We store your data as long as your account is active or is needed to provide you the Service. For example, we will periodically de-identify inactive game accounts and regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you request your personal data to be removed, we will retain your data to the extent that is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.